Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Green Beans are the Sustainable Magic Beans

Jackson Murphy owns his own consulting firm called Green Bean Analysis. He is on the Dallas Chapter of USGBC that administers LEED. He talked about the huge investor network of $1.2 trillion that is interested in ESG. Environment, social and governance.

Green Globes is a certification process that started in Canada and moving into the United States. Some companies are participating in the Green Globes instead of LEED. The IGBC, International Green Building Code is coming out in the spring. I will be interested to see if Fort Worth will implement any of the "green codes" before every other large city does.

I'm interested in any information that Jackson has on the appraisal data. I think that data will help sell sustainable development because the data will show the increase in value.

I was not going to become a LEED AP or any other level but it would probably help me have a better understanding of what others are talking about.

My favorite thing that Jackson said is that he wouldn't want tax exempt public properties to be LEED certified but still want them to meet the certification rating points. Public entities shouldn't spend the money. I liked and appreciated it more since he is involved in USGBC that administers LEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment